Skip to main content

New Year's Eve 2011

It's 11:15, New Year's Eve. Nothing much going on except a mind full of ideas, longings, a few regrets....just "stuff." Coldplay is singing on TV. Hubby has gone to bed. The Princess is doing her late night thing in the living room. Daisy and Darsy are hungover from catnip and sleeping it off. In less than 40 minutes 2012 will no longer be a mystery and 2011 will be history. God, there's a lot of work that needs to be done in me. Can You handle it? That's a stupid question but one I can't help but ask. I think I'm ready to hear and see Your answer. So, here goes nothing...and here goes everything.

Comments

  1. Lots of meaning with few well-chosen words. Love the phrase "2012 will no longer be a mystery and 2011 will be history." Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You just thought you knew everything there is to know about me, huh? Let's see....I am a teacher....check....huge Tennessee fan...check....hate raisins...check....a Christian...check...loves music...check...former hitch hiker....check..no wait...what? Ah, so you DON'T know everything about me! Okay, let's start with the latter... 10. I went to Europe the first time as a junior at Lenoir-Rhyne. I was with a family from LR, and then we also traveled with two guys from New York and a girl from Canada. Most of the group went to ski. Me...I tried skiing for 30 minutes and almost did not live to tell about it. So I went sightseeing, and how do you sight see in Europe? Hitch hike!! It was totally safe, and I was always with someone in the group, usually. And I decided it was best not to share this news with my parents until AFTER I returned from Europe! 9. I have a hard time telling my left from my right. I have to stop and think about it almost every time. Ask my husband and ...

Why? Where? When? What? Who?

     About five minutes ago, Tim Tebow and the Broncos charged their way into another win in the NFL Playoffs. Not only was it the first game with the new Overtime rules (which I am still trying to process), but it was another chance for the media to take a poke at Tebow's faith. Did you see the NFL commentators after the game?? Do you believe Tebow has what it takes to win another game next week? And their response?? Bowing their heads as if in prayer. Was this meant to put down Tebow...again....or are they beginning to eat their words...again?  For most of the season, Tim Tebow has been ridiculed, put down, questioned, and scoffed because of his faith on and off the football field.  So my question is...Why?      Why so much coverage about Tebow's faith in Christ? Why not share some "love" with other players who share their beliefs? What about the Rastafarian's (those with the long dred locks)? Why not pick on them about their f...

January 2: Back to Reality

    I went to bed last night later than I should - my brain would not turn off. I got up much earlier than I should have this morning- my brain would not turn on. Whose brain can actually turn on at 5:45 AM? I forgot how to get to the bathroom even though it was only ten steps away. The bedroom light was like a cast-off of the star of Bethlehem and the Heavenly host all together. I seriously thought of calling in sick - well not really, but it crossed my mind for a few seconds. Being blinded by the "Christmas Star/Heavenly Host" would surely count as a sick day.     I suppose my brain turned on 2nd period because my ADD kicked in with a vengeance. My lovelies were laughing at me, at times uncontrollably, and I suppose it was a bit comical. I am pretty sure I changed the subject seven times in less than a minute - a new record!     So, reality has definitely set in. Back to school....no more staying up late....no more getting up late.....wor...